We’ve recently updated several of our on-line historical resources, and also added something new:
- UBC Board of Governors historical membership – updated
- UBC Student Enrolment – updated
- Great Trekker Award recipients – updated
- UBC Rhodes Scholarship recipients – updated
- Commemorative Naming of UBC Facilities and Spaces – new
Over the years, many buildings and other landmarks around the UBC campus have been named for persons, families, or organizations associated in some way with the University. Some facilities are named to commemorate significant financial supporters; others are named for historical or memorial reasons after prominent faculty, administrators, or alumni. This list of buildings, spaces, and other landmarks is organized by commemorative name, street address, and building type, and can be sorted alphabetically by clicking on the respective headings.
Thanks to UBC Archives’ 2012/13 work-study students Daniel Collins, Jessica Flank, Ed Ko, and Isabel Taylor for compiling these lists.